A/V and Telecom Systems Design Engineers (Midlevel)
San Francisco, California
Large award winning multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm seeks AV and Telecom Systems Design Engineers for the San Francisco office. The company works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large scale projects with a focus on sustainability, energy efficiency, and high-performance building systems.
About the Job:
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. We offer excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
• Provide CAD support and designs for electronic security systems, audiovisual and telecommunications systems.
• Produce Needs Assessment reports
• Create construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
• Fee budget responsibility on assigned projects
• Overall project lifecycle planning
• Project resource management
• Attend and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town)
• Perform and document site surveys
• Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
• Coordination and integration of AV, Security and telecommunications systems with other intelligent building systems
• Possess a four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in AV, Security and Telecommunications design .
• 4-5 years’ experience designing high end Audio Visual systems, Security Systems and Telecommunications systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
• Possess extensive working knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
• Solid experience in designing Public Address, conference room AV, digital signage, collaboration AV and educational AV systems.
• Strong background in telecommunications design for various types and sizes of projects including outside plant and data center design.
• Design of integrated intelligent building systems for Smart Buildings is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• AutoCAD and/or Revit experience desired.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience in working directly with clients.
• Industry Certification is a plus (Infocomm CTS-D, ASIS CPP, BICSI RCDD, Cisco CCNA)
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.