Building Technology Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA 94102
Building Technology Design Engineer (Telecommunications/AV/Security)
Our client is a fast-growing MEPT consulting firm focused on delivering high quality professional work results to their clients, while at the same time creating a fun and rewarding environment for their employees. We seek a dynamic fun personality to join our team that can immediately have an impact on our technical service offering to our clients and contribute to our fun and family-oriented work culture. We offer a competitive benefits package and significant opportunities for career advancement in a growing firm. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume for consideration.
The company is looking for a candidate who is passionate about architecture & engineering with an emphasis on building technology.
- Provide designs for building technology systems (e.g. Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems)
- Create construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Perform and document site surveys
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems design.
- 3-5 years experience designing Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
- Possess working knowledge of Telecommunications design for various types and sizes of projects.
- Possess working knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Possess working knowledge of Public Address, conference room AV, digital signage, and educational AV systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience desired.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Industry Certification is a plus although not required (Infocomm CTS-D, BICSI RCDD)