Construction Project Manager, Heavy Civil / Grading & Paving
3911 Laura Alice Way Concord, CA 94520 US
Construction Company in the East Bay, CA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Project Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who is organized and possesses strong time management skills. This position is responsible for project management for both private and public-sector grading and paving projects including, safety, contract administration, budget compliance, field operations oversight, and maintaining healthy Owner/Agency relations.
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Management of Agency/Owner contract documents, changes, submittals, etc.
• Management of subcontractor scope and contract changes.
• Management of construction materials and delivery methods.
• Management of costs and forecasting project “ costs to complete.”
• Seek out alternative solutions and construction methods.
• Communicate budget information to foremen at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of project scope and critical means and methods of construction for budget compliance.
• Supervision of field operations.
• Maintain healthy business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the regional market.
• Ability to travel to various locations as projects warrant.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths:
• Knowledge of construction grading and paving practices including production rates, contractual documents, plans, specifications and soils reports, etc.
• Ability to work within and comply with proposal/bidding time constraints/deadlines, individually and in a team environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to produce and maintain a project schedule using Primavera, SureTrak, Microsoft Scheduler or other software.
• Previous experience with Project Management Software is a plus.
• Solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
• Thrives in fast paced, fun, competitive work environment.
• Attention to detail while productively meeting goals is a must.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or demonstrated project management work history and related experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years construction field support/management experience.
• Work experience in a busy office setting.
• This is a full-time benefited position.
• Company conducts post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and Motor Vehicle Report.
• Valid & Current CA Driver’ s License & Clean Motor Vehicle Report
o 21 years of age as required by insurance to drive
• Work assignments involve a high degree of concentration.
• Physical requirements include the following:
o Ability to lift and carry 10-50 pounds occasionally.
o Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, finger, grasp, write, and perform repetitive motions.
o Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects with the human body.
o Hearing and speaking ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with another individual (or groups of individuals) in person and over the telephone.
o Visual ability sufficient to read and produce printed material and information displayed on a computer screen.
o Ability to sit, stand, drive, walk for 2-10 hrs per day
Job Type: Full-time