Project Designer: Interiors
San Francisco, California
Our client, a large multi-office architectural firm, is currently seeking a Project Designer for the Interiors studio. The Interiors Project Designer is intermediate-level designer is working toward the ultimate goal of being a Certified Interior Designer.
The Project Designer serves as primary BIM/CAD support, develops BIM/CAD documentation of drawings, conducts project analysis and research as directed, and provides construction administration for moderately complex projects. This individual displays the ability to both learn and properly execute the use of new technologies to develop presentation materials. The Project Designer has consultant coordination responsibilities in relation to the project scope and mentors less experienced staff. This individual displays excellent time management skills and commits to executing office standards of design, quality control, and production.
- Responsible for development of BIM/CAD design and documentation of drawings; mentors/coaches less experienced staff on BIM/CAD-related issues.
- Responsible for project research and its incorporation into the project; coordination of specifications.
- In conjunction with project leaders, develops and produces solutions for moderately complex design problems; incorporates code research and conducts agency coordination.
- Responsible for construction administration for moderately complex projects; engages senior staff in problem solving.
- Responsible for coordination of consultants consistent with scope of work.
- Mentors/coaches less experienced staff with good time management in completing tasks on schedule.
- Understands project management tools.
- Assists project leaders to ensure commitments made to clients are consistent with scope of work and support project leaders in directing less experienced staff to accomplish project goals.
- Directs less experienced staff in office standards for design, quality control, and production.
- Reviews and evaluates documents for accuracy and coordination for project teams.
What you’ ll need:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 3 – 5 years interior or architectural design experience, or Associates degree and 5 years related experience.
- Intermediate skills in AutoCAD.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Intermediate skills in Revit.
- Basic skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook (intermediate preferred for MS Outlook).
- Basic skills InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp preferred.
- Experience in workplace and healthcare interiors including FF&E selection preferred.