Nationwide construction firm specializing in restoration and waterproofing seeks a Regional Accountant for their Orange County office. We are looking for a candidate specifically with experience in the Construction industry.
Oversee Branch and Region operations to ensure training and compliance with region and corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Best Practices. Assist the Region Manager in the collection, analysis and dissemination of regional profit and loss statements, job cost and other operating results. Regularly review corporate programs (phone, fuel, computers, leased vehicles, etc.) and specific branch costs for propriety and cost savings. Provide financial oversight and administrative support to branch staffs in daily, monthly and annual operations. Assist the Region and Branch Managers with the quarterly forecasting and annual business planning and budgeting process.
- Communicate to the region, corporate standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Train new hires in the region on corporate standard operating procedures where applicable, in day to day financial activities.
- Provide administrative assistance to the region, such as job scheduling, help in bid preparation, and special projects.
- Reconcile monthly backlog report to branch profit & loss statements (P & Ls).
- Reconcile job cost operating results to branch P & L results and make necessary adjustments.
- Review the region’ s suspense accounts and balances and resolve outstanding items.
- Review the region’ s balance sheet and reconcile the accounts.
- Assist the branches in recognizing P & L expense monthly for prepaid expenses.
- Assist the branches in monthly reconciliations of inventory where appropriate.
- Coordinate with the internal audit department the establishment and tracking of approved repair accruals, a/p accruals and legal accruals.
- Assist the branches with taxable jobs where appropriate.
- Monitor A/R at all branch locations and assist in collections of accounts.
- Assist in calculation of special checks for employees, such as layoffs and underpay that are cut at branches.
- Oversee all union master agreements and thorough understanding of specifications included in union bargaining agreements.
- Oversee and assist in all union audits by gathering information on employees and meeting with union representatives to ensure payroll has been reported accurately.
- Review open accounts payable and identify old payables.
- Review general ledger financial statements including preparation of journal entries.
- Reconcile monthly reports detailing A/R, collections, backlog, and sales.
- Assist Operations Manager with preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist the Corporate Accounting Department with interim and year-end audit procedures and information requests.
- Assist the branches and Region Manager with hourly and semi-monthly employment, employee relations, EEOC, training and salary planning.
- Assist the branches with the review of subcontract documentation, including but not limited to: contract language, insurance requirements, and bonds.
- Administrative Duties: Typing correspondence, filing.
- Airline reservations.
- Meeting planning.
- Tracking items for year end bonuses.
- Bachelor’ s Degree – Accounting/Finance required.
- Two-to-four years experience with understanding of A/R, A/P, P/R, G/L and job cost through P & L preparation and analysis.
- Strong PC skills and Microsoft office products – ERP System (Vista) would be beneficial.
- Good Communicator with ability to deal with a variety of situations at the branches.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good follow up skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally (25-40%).
Base Salary, Bonus Opportunity & Full Benefits