Senior Electrical Project Engineer
1 Bush Street, Suite 200 San Francisco, CA 94104 US
We are currently seeking a Sr Project Electrical Engineer to join our team. As a Sr Project Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of large building projects, including managing and mentoring the team of engineers in a particular discipline on the project, developing concepts and budgets, and producing the design.
- Looks for ways to improve engineering design and design processes in a particular discipline.
- Able to guide the development of Revit tools to improve productivity.
Project Management and Technical Improvement
- 10% time devoted to Project Management and Technical Improvement initiatives.
- Project Management shall include project manpower estimates, project communications, budget monitoring and inputs, organizing deliverables, setting project standards for delivery.
- Development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
- Keeping abreast of industry and technology changes and trends, and recommend changes in approach and services as appropriate.
- Improvement of analytic processes and documentation, common solutions, and critical solutions.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- 90% time devoted to the engineering of projects, particularly large or complex projects.
- Engineering shall include responsibility for the project engineering of large projects from concept and schematic design through construction documents to construction and commissioning.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer’s projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Project reviews at all stages of design
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of the projects to budget.
- Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
- As needed, provide support to Business Development, including write-up of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at industry events, and prepare fee estimates and assumptions for a particular discipline on potential projects.
Performance measured on project results
- Efficiency and profitability of the Engineering Discipline in that office or region and its contributions to firm-wide success.
- Quality of design solutions, as measured by level of integration, unique solutions, achieving high sustainability goals, and recognition by peers as excellence.
- The quality of work produced, as measured by completeness of design, absence of change orders and client satisfaction.
- Cohesiveness of the discipline team, as evidenced by ease and amount of work share, consistency of quality and delivery tools and standards, including drawings and specifications, and team communication.
- Client repeat business.
- Contributions to bringing in new work.
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across the organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form, with an understanding of industry communication protocols.
- Must be able to inspire owners and designers
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Project team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Expert in current sustainable technologies applicable to the particular engineering discipline.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Design of electrical systems for complex buildings and campuses
- Design of mission critical systems, including working with clients to establish performance criteria.
- Design of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems for complex projects and complex controls strategies.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed PE.
- NCEES record allowing registration in any state.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
- Expert at all aspects of their discipline, including a track record of recent successful major projects over $100m, and one major project over $250m.
- 10 years project engineering experience, from concept to opening, with completed high profile projects included in the mix.
- Experience in leading or working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects.
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings
- Experience with potential project types in commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, and healthcare sectors.
- Experience with Architecturally significant Buildings, Controls and Commissioning, Central Plants, Multi- Emergency Generator systems, and Mission Critical buildings preferred.