Senior Vice President- Mechanical Division
San Francisco, California
Director of Mechanical Engineering
Our client, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a director of mechanical engineering for our San Francisco, CA office. The company works around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on intelligent building systems, sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
The Mechanical Director will work closely with the Office Managing Director on day-to-day operations of the San Francisco Office. In addition, the Mechanical Director will be expected to lead the design on a variety of project types, and will also be expected to lead larger multi-discipline teams as the Project Manager/Project Principal, directly interfacing with the client. As Project Manager/Project Principal, the Mechanical Director will regularly meet with clients, organize in-house resources, develop project proposals and budgets, mentor junior staff, prepare technical reports/specifications. The Mechanical Director will be tasked with contributing to the overall business development of the office.
The Mechanical Director should have extensive experience in Mechanical design for large scale projects in a variety of sectors. Project experience should include active participation from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to our clients. Specifically, the Mechanical Director will be responsible for building and maintaining a network of client relationships such that we receive RFP’ s for new work and repeat business from those clients, and leads about other work. With the assistance of our marketing department, prepare responses to RFPs including preparation of technical fee proposals, preparation and delivery of interviews, development of marketing packages, etc. Participate in internal marketing meetings to coordinate business development activities with other offices, and assist other offices as required in the pursuit of work.
- 15+ years’ experience in progressively responsible roles in a multi-office Building Services engineering firm
- A track record of successful management of large-scale projects with appropriate references
- Dynamic personality and approach to business development
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a strongly developed understanding of practice area, client’ s businesses, competitors, and the industry at large
- Maintains strong relationships with clients and external professional and industry groups
- Extensive and successful business development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of team building and executive leadership
- PE License
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- LEED Certification is preferred