Architectural Designer for Multi-family Projects
410 12th Street Suite 350 Oakland, CA 94607
Intermediate Architectural Designer
30+ person architecture, planning and urban design firm is seeking Intermediate Designers to join our downtown Oakland office to work on several new multi-family, mixed-use and planning projects.
Our office specializes in high-density residential, hospitality, and retail mixed-use projects with many leading developers in the Bay Area and throughout China. Our designs focus on developing creative solutions that respond to the environment and community while meeting client goals. We offer candidates the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the design and construction and offer candidates a place to be mentored and grow professionally. We value and encourage independent thinking and expressing your individual talents.
We want to work with people who are passionate about design and who want to contribute to the success of a project. They should be able to quickly generate design options as well as translate principals’ and design managers’ visions into 3D models. They also should have a good eye for proportions and composition and be skilled in creating graphic presentations. The Ideal candidates are organized, technically savvy, and good communicators.
Our firm offers a competitive salary based on candidate qualifications and experience, plus full benefits. This is a full-time position. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental, vision, and 401(k) benefits.
- A professional degree in Architecture from an US an accredited program.
- 3-8 years professional experience.
- Revit proficient.
- Multi-family experience in Type V and Type III construction.
- Ability to author and develop architectural design and character studies.
- Ability to work independently developing a project in plans, elevations, and section.
- Familiarity with building codes, entitlements processes, and zoning research.
- Experience coordinating consultants, creating working drawings, and on site Construction Administration.