Architectural Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
As an Architectural Project Manager you will leverage your interpersonal skills and 10+ years of corporate interior design project design experience to deliver exceptional designs on time and on budget. You have a successful track record of designing all phases of small to mid-size projects, including strong technical knowledge, knowledge of products, and familiarity with project phasing, budgets, and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Design interiors test fit and space plans, including working directly in front of client.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Responsible for deploying resources to ensure that the design process flows smoothly, acting as the primary liaison between the team and the client to bring the design, schedule, budget and scope of work to completion.
- Implement and manage the design of one or more small to mid-size projects.
- Collaborate effectively with a technical team and Managing Director.
- Has a complete understanding of project-related MEP and structural engineering as well as all vendor contracts and coordination of required scope of work.
- Understands the lease transaction process and SAA’ s role in the process.
- Manages multiple small to mid-size projects.
- Manages team of Job Captain(s), Designer(s) and Project Designers-responsible to hire, train, coach, review and terminate employees.
- Ultimately responsible for profitability, revenue, AR and mentoring the team.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Drive business by excellent customer service and quality control.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
Depending on experience and possible concurrent assignment to Project Management role, may directly supervise up to 8 employees in the department. If so, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor' s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, Landlord Services preferred.
- Degree in Architecture (or related field).
- Professional Architectural License (CA) or certification essential and CID, IDEX or NCIDQ, LEED AP accreditation preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of CAD and Revit 2010 is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local building administrative codes relating to building projects.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural and interiors principles/practices that include modern architectural methods and background on solving architectural design and construction problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to success fully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is an Exempt Full Time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% local travel. Limited travel may include attending meetings and work sessions in other SAA Offices, Client Offices, or Job Site. Mileage will be reimbursed at predetermined market rate. Individual must possess a valid driver’ s license with a good driving record and have reliable transportation.
SAA is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan with SAA Matching
- Life Insurance
- Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 18 days/year
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 16 hours charitable contribution time off
- Summer Flex Schedule (Half-Day Fridays)
- In-Office Chair Massages (Monthly)
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PHealth and Wellness Benefit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Casual Work Environment
- Social Hour Fridays
- Holiday Get-Togethers
- Firm-wide celebrations and events
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.