Assistant IT Manager
South San Francisco, CA
Our client is a mechanical contracting company that has been proudly serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1903. We are currently looking for an Assistant IT Manager to join our team.
The Assistant IT Manager position is responsible for monitoring and controlling current IT operations; identifying, developing, and implementing IT goals aligned with company needs, and managing the outside IT Managed Service Provider (MSP). This position will rely heavily on communication between the internal and external IT staff. This position reports to the BIM Department Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and direct MSP support and development. This will require a clear and constant communication channel with the MSP and support staff.
• Maintain IT strategies by identifying, developing, and implementing solutions to meet the needs of the projects while keeping goals aligned with overall company strategy. This includes support and development during all phases of the construction process.
• Further develop and optimize current IT operations for efficiency and increased ROI potential.
• Bridge the gap between Operations and Information Technology.
• Procure, manage and deploy all software and hardware assets.
• Standardize and refine MSP procedures for new user rollout and mobile network.
• Manage voice and data services at all branch locations and job sites.
• Maintain best practices and IT education standards for all company personnel.
• Provide end user helpdesk support when needed.
• Assist with generating a business plan and managing plan to a budget to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Extend the above responsibilities to include sister companies and large joint venture business entities that fall under the company’ s umbrella.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• A Bachelor degree in a computer related field or equivalent education and experience
• Experience in the IT field within a multi-office environment.
• Experience in the construction industry is a plus!
• Experience with Windows 7 & Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with managing Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365
• Experience in most current technologies and products used in the construction industry.
Specific experience in Viewpoint, Autodesk, Crystal Reports and Bluebeam is a plus.
• Experience directly managing IT staff including external MSP’ s or IT consulting personnel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.