AutoCAD Designer Tech/Sales Engineer
East Hollywood, CA 90004
Our client, a small and growing firm specializing in high quality architectural-acoustical products, has an immediate opening for an AutoCAD Designer Technician/Sales Engineer for the East Hollywood office location.
The ideal AutoCAD Designer will help specifiers develop technical construction details, appreciate the building and fabrication process, are process and detail oriented, and are interested in architectural acoustics, architectural design, and issues of constructability.
- Creating shop drawings for acoustically isolated wall/floor/ceiling assemblies and coordinating with the structural engineer.
- Providing technical detailing support to architects, acoustical consultants, and contractors.
- Visiting project sites to review construction progress and compliance with shop drawings.
- Preparing detailed estimates to contractors in accordance with architectural and structural drawings, specifications, and other documentation to prepare quantity take-offs for acoustically isolated floors and ceilings, sound-rated doors and windows, acoustical enclosures and barriers, and acoustical finishes.
- Supporting our promotion of architectural-acoustical products to architects and acoustical consultants.
- Tracking and managing orders from quote to sale to installation.
- Experience with construction, and construction detailing or shop/fabrication drawing. Construction administration experience a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD LT, Bluebeam Revu, and Microsoft Office and willing to learn Quickbooks software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, collaborative, self-motivated, and willing to grow with the company.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving.
- Minimum two to five years with construction, architecture, or engineering firm.
Bachelor’ s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.