Autocad Fire Alarm Design Manager
3975 Industrial Way, Suite A Concord, CA 94520
Our client, a leading East Bay Engineered Fire Alarm Systems Distributor, is seeking an experienced AutoCAD Fire Alarm Design Manager in the Concord office.
The AutoCAD Design Manager will manage and coordinate all aspects of the Fire Alarm Life Safety AutoCAD department. Directly manage all AutoCAD colleagues. Work directly with the project managers and sales team to review projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Qualified candidate must have a minimum of 10 years Electrical Design & Drafting specializing in the fire alarm industry.
• NICET Level III certification.
• Must be savvy in reading and interpreting Construction drawings, reading and interpreting specifications, working knowledge of NFPA 72 (adopted version)
• Must have experience using the most current version of AutoCAD.
• Speed and accuracy in the use of AutoCAD.
• Familiarity with Fire Control Instruments (FCI) and Silent Knight a plus.
• Experience with plot schedules and prioritizing designs.
• Experience working with Fire Department Plan Reviewers and Inspectors.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven atmosphere.
• Proactively communicates project requirements to project team and wider organization as when required and maintains accurate and up to date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
• Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
• May have direct reports and perform managerial responsibilities including but not limited to; mentoring, coaching, and developing colleagues; interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a clean criminal record, valid driver’ s license, favorable DMV report, pass pre-employment drug screening.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE- Medical/dental/sick time/vacation time/retirement. Excellent opportunity for career growth. No out of area relocation.