BIM Technician / CAD Operator
99 South Hill Drive Brisbane, CA 94005
Our client, a large Bay Area Mechanical contractor, is seeking a BIM Technician.
The BIM Technician is responsible for support to our Detailing Department. The BIM Technician will produce shop drawings, hanger layout drawings, spools sheets, Trimble output files and help in the department where help is needed. They will help ensure proper policies and procedures are being followed to ensure the products from the detailing department are delivered to a consistent level.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Produce shop drawings
- For submittal to the client
- For use by the fabrication and installation team
- Produce hanger layout drawings along with electronic layout files to be used in a Total Station Device for laser guided layout on the job site
- Produce Bill of Material reports
- Produce spool or fabrication drawings
- Help assemble Navisworks Clash detection files
- Clean up models from other trades for use by our detailers
- Trades modeled may include: Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection, Metal Framing, Specialty systems etc.
- Compile coordination models from designers/trades
- Assist the BIM Department Manager in preparing VDC/BIM Guidelines for department and project specific requirements (Department Policies, ITBs, Execution Plans, etc.)
- Assist the BIM Department Manager in preparing VDC/BIM schedules for each project.
- Compile data for field usage
- Total station input and output
- Drawing and model content for installation needs
- Compile contract VDC/BIM required close out documentation
- The ability to work in a variety of construction environments including commercial, educational, industrial and health care related projects
- Map processes used by BIM Department for review and improvement
- Mentor FWS Employees on modeling and coordination processes
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to pursue continued education on BIM and other CAD programs and skill sets
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for this position include the following:
- A bachelor’ s degree in construction management / technology or equivalent education and job experience
- Software proficiency demonstrated in:
- Autodesk® AutoCAD®
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage
- Autodesk® Revit®
- Microsoft® Office Suite Products
- Bluebeam Revu
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interaction and coordination with staff and clients in different geographic locations.
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Energetic, reliable, dependable and flexible
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)