Building Technology Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Building Technology Design Engineer (Telecommunications/AV/Security)
Our client is a fast growing MEPT consulting firm focused on delivering high quality professional work results to our clients, while at the same time creating a fun and rewarding environment for our employees. We seek a dynamic fun personality to join our team that can immediately have an impact on our technical service offering to our clients and contribute to our family fun oriented work culture. We offer a competitive benefits package and significant opportunities for career advancement in a growing firm. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume for consideration.
They are looking for a candidate who is passionate about architecture & engineering with an emphasis on building technology.
- Provide designs for building technology systems (e.g. Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems)
- Create construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Perform and document site surveys
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems design.
- 1-2 years experience designing Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
- Possess working knowledge of Telecommunications design for various types and sizes of projects.
- Possess working knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Possess working knowledge of Public Address, conference room AV, digital signage, and educational AV systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience desired.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Industry Certification is a plus although not required (Infocomm CTS-D, BICSI RCDD)