Building Technology Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Building Technology Design Engineer (Telecommunications/AV/Security)
Our client is a fast growing MEPT consulting firm focused on delivering high quality professional work results to our clients, while at the same time creating a fun and rewarding environment for our employees. We seek a dynamic fun personality to join our team that can immediately have an impact on our technical service offering to our clients and contribute to our family fun oriented work culture. We offer a competitive benefits package and significant opportunities for career advancement in a growing firm. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about architecture & engineering with an emphasis on building technology. Our management group consists of technical experts in their field that work closely alongside with our staff to provide guidance and education. We are managers and technical advisors, but more importantly we are engineers at heart, and enjoy designing technology systems for buildings and seeing those designs constructed in the field.
- Provide designs for building technology systems (e.g. Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems)
- Develop Needs Assessment reports
- Create construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
- Fee budget responsibility on assigned projects
- Overall project lifecycle planning
- Project resource management
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Perform and document site surveys
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- Coordination and integration of building technology systems with other intelligent building systems
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems design.
- 4+ years experience designing high-end Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
- Solid experience in designing Public Address, conference room AV, digital signage, collaboration AV and educational AV systems.
- Strong background in telecommunications design for various types and sizes of projects including outside plant and data center design.
- Possess working knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Design of integrated intelligent building systems for Smart Buildings is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience desired.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in working directly with clients.
- Industry Certification is a plus although not required (Infocomm CTS-D, BICSI RCDD, Cisco CCNA, ASIS)