Civil Construction Foreman
Santa Ana, CA
Our client is a Technology Consulting firm, specializing in wireless professional services. They provide Engineering, Design, Deployment and Consulting services to the wireless sector. There is an immediate opening for a hard-working and reliable Civil Foreman to join the team and to work on telecommunication construction projects. The Civil Foreman is responsible for effectively leading the crews from the start of a project to completion keeping safety, quality, budget, and timelines in mind. The foremen also collaborate with project managers, clients, suppliers, and others to ensure all aspects of the project proceed as planned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform light-climbing general construction of tower sites to include, but not limited to: site layout, clearing, excavation, concrete foundations/slabs, tower assembly, trenching/conduit installation, Ice Bridge, H-frames, fencing, aggregate roads/compounds, cabinet placement, wiring, securing, maintenance/repair, and other tasks in accordance with specified work orders
• Pickup/Deliver supplies, tools, equipment, cabinets, batteries, etc., via company vehicle (towing trailer if applicable)
• Responsible for the upkeep of all company-issued tools and equipment
• Follow proper safety procedures when using electrical test and communications equipment
• Lead and manage a crew of 2-4 employees
• Mentor junior crew members
• Maintain and submit complete and accurate files/logs/pictures/reports as determined by supervisor and/or other management personnel
• Develop and maintain a positive company image, both internally with fellow employees and with customers
• Provide superior customer service, ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
• Follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform installation and maintenance of equipment
• Develop and maintain a positive company image and provide a strong example for crew members for quality, safety, and professionalism
• Adhere to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal regulations
• Adhere to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA) standards/regulations
• Keep the company vehicles clean and presentable at all times
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements:
• Setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
• The ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions; be organized with strong attention to detail and possess the ability to work independently under limited supervision.
• The ability to read, comprehend, and build from construction drawings and documents: site, structural, architectural, and electrical.
• A basic working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, and common construction practices and requirements: Conduit fill, required depths, and wire ampacities.
• Minimum of 1-year experience installing and connecting AC and DC power supply systems.
• Strong leadership skills and be able to lead a team.
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical, if required to drive a company vehicle.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, team player, and results-oriented.
• Basic computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office products and company email.
• Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures while contributing to and maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
• Candidates must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including extended overnight stays up to weeks at a time if required.
• The ability to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
• Must be physically capable of manually digging & backfilling holes and trenches.
• Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
• Must have an accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent, and 3-5+ year(s) recent construction, electrical, technical, or mechanical experience.
• A valid driver’ s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable.
• Ability to drive long distances on and off-road, and to tow trailers.
• Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US.