1390 Willow Pass Road Westminster, CA 92683
Our client is a large consulting engineering firm whose Westminster office is in need of a Civil/Structural Engineer to support various projects and work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment. Work will include several moderate sized complex projects at a time. You will review documents for conformity and quality assurance; develop new techniques or processes, or improve existing ones. As the Civil/Structural Engineer you will be responsible for approving work scope, budgets, and schedules. You will work collaboratively with and will receive and support and guidance from more senior Engineers. This is a “ contract to hire” position.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Provide layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer.
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for your projects within the department.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions and take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents as required.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering or related degree with 6+ years of structural experience.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) from California or other state.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with structural analysis software
- Structural experience within one or more of the following industries: oil and gas, petrochemical, biotech/pharma, food & beverage, and or mining & minerals.
- Civil or Structural Professional Engineering License (PE) from California.