405 Howard St, Ste 500 San Francisco, CA 94105
Our client is seeking to fill a position for a Commissioning Engineer in our San Francisco Office. The firm closely supports construction project teams and property owners throughout the Bay Area, as well as the United States, on a variety of complex projects with a focus on sustainability and building energy performance.
The commissioning team is responsible for supporting site execution of the start-up, commissioning, and building’ s operation turnover processes. The commissioning engineer will perform all tasks related to building commissioning and retro-commissioning projects. The hire will support the commissioning team in both the field and the office, as well as help provided construction administration support on an as needed basis for the engineering team. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Ability to lead manage all project related commissioning tasks, including but not limited to: executing functional performance tests, managing site meetings, compiling commissioning reports, and managing design document reviews with an emphasis on controls
- Working with chilled water plants, heating hot water plants, HVAC, plumbing, automation systems, lighting, normal power, emergency power, life safety systems (F/A), & data/comm
- Code requirements: LEED, CALGreen, Title 24, Greenpoint, etc.
- Document control, functionality verification, in-field equipment testing
- Manage and evaluate functional performance testing of the systems
- Conduct design and field investigation to ensure the contractor/building operator methods.
- Evaluate contractor team procedures for each phase of construction.
- Extensive experience with controls system infrastructure
- Experience designing and implementing building controls from the ground up
- Strong knowledge of control communications protocols
- Ability to work closely with mechanical engineers and clearly explain controls concepts
- Assist in the professional development and training of the staff in building controls
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Construction-related field.
- 3-5 years of hands on systems commissioning experience for all types of projects
- In-depth knowledge of complete building design and commissioning processes.
- Technical knowledge of: Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing/Life Safety/ BMS Control systems
- Excellent communications skills – written/verbal
- Certified Commissioning Professional or other commissioning certification preferred (NEBB, BCA, or AABC certifications)