Construction Admin Architect, 5-7 yrs exp.
304 12th Street, Suite 2A Oakland, California 94607
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic individual join our team as a Construction Administrator. If you have a positive attitude, are highly motivated, and are a team player, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists Project Architect in preparing specifications to complement construction documents for multi-family projects.
- Prepare general correspondence such as meeting minutes, respond to RFIs, RFPs, Field Reports and process Change Orders.
- Attend pre-bid and bid lettings.
- Review and certify contractor’ s application for payment; review material test reports.
- Review and discuss options and make recommendations to owners when changes are requested.
- Perform site visits, participate in construction progress meetings, and prepare reports for construction projects that are in progress.
- Provide substantial and final completion services.
The position requires someone who can effectively juggle a variety of diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills. It also requires an ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently with minimal supervision. This individual must possess good interpersonal skills (listening, diplomacy, responsiveness) and should be able to communicate professionally with all levels of management when working with clients, contractors, and consultants. This individual must also possess the ability to use good judgment in resolving construction conflicts on behalf of the Firm.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Architecture or Construction Management
- Three or more years of experience in architecture, construction or construction-related field supervising multi-family construction projects.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Excellent writing and communication skills