Dixon, CA 95620
Assists the General Manager in the direction, coordination and management of construction activities of company' s Southwest Division to obtain optimum efficiency, economy of operations and to maximize profits. Performs the following duties personally or through subordinate or other staff. Candidates will be required to participate in random drug screening per our Drug Free Workplace policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assumes responsibility for the master scheduling of all construction activities relating to the division’ s projects. Allocates construction staff to projects to achieve the project schedule goals.
• Participates in staff and other meetings in order to coordinate and facilitate project planning.
• Ensures all labor obligations are met relating to the contract including the identification and utilization of proper classifications relating to labor, apprentice utilization, payment, hiring and similar obligations.
• Assists and advises Project Managers as necessary for the prompt resolution of issues upon the project such as change orders, scheduling, scope and others.
• Studies drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and on staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
• Coordinates with members of the organization (supervisory, clerical, drafting, manufacturing and senior management) throughout the project.
• Oversees subcontractor selection, subcontract award and issues that may arise relating to subcontracts.
• Oversees the procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Confers with and oversees supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, interpreting contract requirements and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
• Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of equipment, tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Oversees the inspection of work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Oversees final construction to ensure quality, plans and specifications, submittals, schedule and other contractual obligations are met.
• Prepares, oversees and reviews reports on progress, materials used, and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Reviews and approves invoices for projects’ construction operations. Coordinates with the General Manager, Project Managers, customers, engineers and/or inspectors for the generation and approval of applications for payment. Provides input relative to sufficiency and accuracy of progress billings relating to construction activities.
• Oversees project documentation which records contract compliance; document changes to the work; prepares, estimates, negotiates and administers changes to the contract in conjunction with GM approval; notifies parties to the contract of changes (i.e. via change orders); notifies parties to the contract of disputes; secures authorization for additional work; and resolves other project-related issues. Directs the efforts of the Project Managers to achieve results relating to same.
• Administers Company safety program relating to all project site activities and ensures effective loss control procedures are implemented.
• Directly communicates with management as appropriate and per company practices and policies
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervises construction project managers. Responsible for the overall schedule, direction, coordination, and evaluation of each construction unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees in Construction Management, Business Management, Engineering or equivalent are preferred. Extensive experience with analyzing critical path schedules and utilization of scheduling software required. Three years of experience with construction estimating preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with MS Office products, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and critical path scheduling software.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.