Construction Project Engineer
As a Construction Project Engineer, you will be playing a critical role in building the world' s largest factory. You will work in the field managing trades and subcontractors and will be asked to work cross-functionally, interfacing with base build, construction engineering, and manufacturing engineering while tracking a project' s schedule and budget.
- Understand construction and startup systems and sequences and review designs for constructability.
- Troubleshoot walk down, and resolve control system issues that arise from the field.
- Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion.
- Work with procurement team to create biddable work packages and verify contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates.
- Develop communicate, and improve upon plans for logistics and other project plans.
- Interface with engineering team, construction team, contracts, and commissioning team.
- Learn the project control system devices, wiring, layout, and systems.
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects.
- Enforce and maintain high quality standards for engineering drawings and for field installations by contractors.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, or construction management or related field,
- At least 2 years’ experience in construction management working on commercial, industrial and/or large facility projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.