Construction Project Manager, Licensed B General Contractor
Long Beach, CA 90805
Our client is a global partner for the widest range of operable partitions in the world, including: glass walls, operable walls, vertical lift walls and accordion doors. We are seeking a mid-level Construction Project Manager, a licensed B general building contractor, for the Long Beach office.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of a profitable installation process from submittals through installations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review scope of work, contract terms and request information, as needed.
- Obtain Change Orders for any change in scope of work, to maintain job profitability as bid.
- Process submittals and release orders.
- Initiate installation drawings and finalize installation quotes.
- Process supplier bids/POs, purchasing materials and coordinate deliveries.
- Schedule deliveries with clients and oversee installations, including safety/OSHA compliance.
- Check job sites for readiness.
- Process customer-initiated contract change orders, both adds and deletes.
- Communicate with installers and customers, attending jobsite meetings.
- Complete site inspections, overseeing the completion of punch-list items and resolving job site issues/conflicts.
- Complete job costing analysis.
- Manage the backlog, immediately communicate any schedule changes to the office manager.
- Provide support to sales staff / installation quotes.
- Unload trucks.
- Review and approve invoices, timecards and expenses.
- Process warranty claims.
- Facilitate the requirements of direct reports through right placement, guideline and rewards administration, development of ownership, and incorporation of mission/values.
- Conduct product demonstrations or training.
- Maintain expense and budgetary control.
- Active involvement in achieving corporate goals.
- Oversee materials inventory and storage organization.
- Ensure staff engagement, satisfaction and retention.
- Provide close out documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fiscally responsible and able to manage P&L’ s.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to promote product and services as needed.
- Computer literate, including MS Office.
- Valid driver’ s license with a clean driving record.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Educational equivalent to a four-year degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in product installation & management.
- Minimum three years’ construction project management experience with commercial division architectural products.
- Experience in commercial construction.
- B-General Building Contractor License in California.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, writing, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Grasping/mobility of hands and fingers; must be able to twist/turn and write.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to eye and judge distances and read documents necessary to complete all aspects of the position.
- Moving, carrying and lifting objects in excess of 20 pounds.
- Working extended hours.
- Office environment, manufacturing plant environment; must wear any required PPE.
- Occasionally may be required to travel by plane, car, bus, train, public transportation.