Dixon, CA 95620
Manages the various documents concerning construction contracts dealing with the contractors as a coordinator between clients, project manager, subcontractors and the company’ s corporate office. The job duties include some general office tasks but are heavily involved with technical document compliance reviews. Contracts include purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products, and/or services. Construction contracts are focused on design/build.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment drug test, pass a background check, possess a valid driver’ s license with a satisfactory driving record, and participate in random drug testing per our Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all contracts, identifies and applies appropriate contract procedures in accordance with Company policies. Compiles contract documents, processes, and proofreads drafts generated during negotiations. Establishes and maintains contact with contractors to ensure the smooth working of the contract awarding process;
- Reviews project documents to ensure all components of the project set-up are in place such as evidence of financing, permits, schedules, notice to proceed, etc.
- Manages essential documents and reviews processes for company compliance of prevailing wage projects such as DAS forms, review of subcontractor certified payrolls for rates and dates, apprenticeship certificates and more.
- Identifies and compiles federal and state reporting requirements, information essential for bid responses and other documents for company compliance purposes;
- Identifies, coordinates, and/or generates submittals in compliance with contract documents which are administrative in nature (i.e., certificates of insurance, AAP submittals, certified payrolls, safety policies, etc.)
- Attends project review meetings. Identifies and assists with drafting contract notices and other contract documents for changed conditions;
- Upholds the Company policies and processes regarding contract management and use;
- Ensures the systematic transfer of documents to corporate staff for accounting and management purposes;
- Maintains licenses and registrations required for the operations of the division; participates in the safety committee and coordinates and/or processes paperwork for reporting accidents, maintaining OSHA logs and returning employees to work. Records minutes of the safety meetings and tracks tool box meetings and safety bucks;
- Coordinates the monthly invoicing of projects and collection of past due accounts;
- May directly supervise other employees in the various administrative roles; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent from a two-year accredited college with five years’ related experience in construction project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree in Construction or Project Management is preferred.