Director of Operations
San Francisco, California
Our client, a 35-person architecture firm with offices in San Francisco and New York is currently seeking a Director of Operations. The position will focus on practice and project management procedures and performance monitoring. The ideal candidate is an architectural or other design/engineering professional with a minimum of 15 years' experience in a managerial role. A master' s degree or MBA is preferred.
This position is full time and offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, and a 401k and profit-sharing plan.
- Project Performance Monitoring through development of performance tools, conducting meetings, maintaining project work plans, and preparing monthly reports for Principals on fiscal performance, staff utilization and revenue forecasting.
- Scheduling of projects and resources, including long term forecasting
- Practice & Management Procedures through development of operations standards for contracts, work plans, general project management, project reports, and staff management
- Training of staff in use of professional practice procedures
- Liaison between Principals and Staff
- Business Development Support together with Marketing/Business Development Manager, for RFP preparation and contract negotiation
- Legal and Risk Management Support together with Principals and firm’ s attorneys
- Human Resources Support together with Human Resources Manager, for hiring, staff job descriptions, staff development, development of HR policies and staff reviews
- Project Management for up to 2-3 projects concurrently with Director of Operations duties