Electrical Project Manager / Estimator
285 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Suite G Novato, CA 94949
We are looking for a well-rounded, technically diverse Project Manager who will manage a portfolio of projects in the High End Residential Market as well as Wineries, hospitals and high rise-commercial projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record on profitability, productivity, quality standards and effective relationship building, while mentoring project electricians. Have a proven track record of gaining customers and maintaining solid relationships with Owners, General Contractors, Vendors & Subcontractors.
Electrical Project Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and build strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
- Oversee invoice per project terms and negotiate appropriate change orders.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Maintain rapport with architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations.
- Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
- Manage all closeout procedures including: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
Electrical Project Manager Qualifications
- At least 5 years of project management experience in electrical construction; large single family estate properties, design-build and high rise experience preferred.
- Field experience coordinating with construction management.
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects
- Demonstrated ability to run a profitable portfolio.
- Exceptional initiative, execution and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician' s license a plus.
- Must understand and follow safety rules & procedures & follow OSHA requirements
- Must have good understanding of National Electrical Codes
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage/run multiple projects as required.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Must possess a firm knowledge and be fluent in estimating. (Accubid a plus)
- Our ideal candidate has worked his way up from the field and prefers to manage projects in an office and field.
- Must be very detail-oriented, and have organizational and time management skills
- Must be willing and able to manage your projects, including creating and tracking budgets, material and labor reports, change orders, and RFI’ s
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), and estimating software
- Work closely with superintendents and foremen to provide high-level supervision of various aspects of project management for each project they manage
- Must have a strong track record of employment stability
Electrical Project Manager Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compensation dependent on experience and work history.
- A strong total compensation package will be offered; however, details will only be disclosed during the interview process.
- College degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience; medical; 401K retirement account; paid vacation and sick leave; paid holiday schedule; and more.