Field Oversight Engineer
Our client is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today' s complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
The Field Oversight Engineer supports the Construction Manager on-site in seeing that the project is constructed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Daily personal interactions with clients, designers, owners, contractors, inspectors, authorities having jurisdiction and field office staff.
- At the direction of the Project/Construction Manager, the Assistant Construction Manager assists with the resolution of project matters.
- Assist the Construction Manager with observing, monitoring and documenting the work of the contractor, specialty inspectors, field staff and sub-consultants.
- Assist with the management of documentation (incoming and outgoing), oral and written, document control and filing, meeting agendas and minutes, RFIs, MTDs, FDs, Clarification Letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments. This function to adhere to all existing standards as set forth in company CM Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for the preparation and editing of various project documents and reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5 years of construction management experience.
- College degree highly preferred (engineering/architecture/construction management)
- Professional engineering license (CA) highly preferred