San Francisco, CA
Our client is a local branch of international diversified property developer with a portfolio of residential and commercial projects across Asia, Australia, the UK and the USA.
Their vision is to create a life which is more than beautiful for the people who live, work and play in our developments across the United States, through sustainable, connected and livable urban environments. The team is small, but fast growing, with a number of potential developments considered for the coming years as the firm builds its brand and presence in the United States.
The Finance Manager position assists the Executive Director in managing the financial performance of the Company and ensure financial health of the business. The manager oversees the finance department and is primarily in charge of financial analysis, planning, funding, investment management, budgeting, plan implementation, bookkeeping, reporting, and financial auditing.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and the head of the Finance functional line at headquarters in Sydney, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Onboard investments
- Review fund flow in close coordination with tax, open bank accounts, review loan agreements, cash management agreements and closing statements, purchase price allocations, onboard third-party property managers.
- Manage investments
- Prepare and review various financial information and analytics to ensure accuracy of reporting as well as optimal performance.
- Assist with stakeholder reporting including lenders, parent companies, fund investors, tax and other regulatory authorities.
- Prepare materials for valuation meeting, board meeting and quarterly results meeting.
- Review financial and management reporting for real estate portfolio assigned, including preparing and analyzing return goals (IRR, MOC, TWR).
- Ensure lender, REIT and statutory compliance, governance & control testing, etc.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Review valuation models.
- Work with asset management team to develop an annual budget and a 5-year business plan.
- Assist with regular forecasting/re-forecasting and related analytics and review.
- Monitor liquidity and assess capital needs for the business.
- Assist with value-added initiatives
- Support as needed with due diligence related to refinancing, dispositions, development, and re-development.
- Contribute to system enhancements with focus on improving scalability for future growth and increased efficiency.
- Liaise with tax consultant, as necessary for real estate tax reassessment and appeals.
- Motivate and manage members of Finance team as well as special projects as required.
- Review and approve payroll semi-monthly.
- Supervise and train project accounting manager.
- Review journal entries, distribution calculations, cash flow analysis, account reconciliations, financial statements prepared by the project accounting manager on a cash and accrual basis.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, annual financial audits.
- Monitor timely processing of debt service, property tax payments, and financial reporting.
- Effectively communicate with operational departments, HR department, the headquarters, and finance departments of the business partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in finance management, accounting, or other related field.
- A minimum of five-years' experience leading a finance or accounting department, or in other similar positions in a real estate organization in the United States.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, budgeting, cost control, reporting and auditing.
- Have a results-driven mindset.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Familiarity with the Chinese business culture.
- Great communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Understand the real estate industry and financial markets in the United States.
- Hands-on team player who can set up and implement best practices.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong business acumen and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Experience in hiring, training, counselling, and managing employees.
- Ability to work with people from different cultural background.
- Experience in using accounting systems such as QuickBooks, and adaptability with learning new applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel and financial modelling.
- Availability to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays is required as job duties demand.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed.
- Experience in a multi-entity reporting environment.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job also requires occasional travel outside of the office to attend meetings, visit sites, or for other tasks based on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company offers competitive compensation, and an array of benefit programs including the following:
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan, and
- Tuition reimbursement program