Intermediate Architectural Designer
800 S. Figueroa St, Suite 600 Los Angeles, CA 90017
Our client is an award winning, multi-disciplinary architectural design firm in downtown Los Angeles, specializing in transportation, government, civic and institutional projects, and is seeking an Intermediate Architectural Designer.
Intermediate Designer to develop criteria/code compliant and technically sound designs and
construction drawings for a range of small to medium sized projects
- Minimum, 3+ years technical design and CD production with architectural and office interiors projects. Ideally, in the governmental (i.e., County and GSA), corporate TI or institutional areas (i.e. education).
- Develop criteria/code compliant and technically sound designs;
- Direct/produce technical details for sound / code compliant construction drawings for a range of small to medium-sized projects with code and product research as needed;
- Demonstrate growing sense of constructability, and proficiency in developing exit analyses, technical details and specification manuals;
- Communicate and coordinate well with consultants, clients and government agencies;
- Produce high quality construction documents on projects, including coordination of technical details on drawings and specification manuals, and QA-QC reviews;
- Direct and QA-QC review other staff on construction documents, as needed:
- Review and comment on cost estimates;
- Manage the construction administration process by reviewing and responding to RFI’ s and submittals for effective close-out;
- Assist Principals in project scoping, proposal development, design development, master planning and feasibility studies;