Intermediate Interior Designer
San Francisco, CA 94102
Intermediate Interior Designer/ Architect
Multi-disciplinary design firm based in San Francisco is
currently seeking qualified candidates to join our diverse and talented team. Our
work spans a wide range of sectors including commercial workplace design,
hospitality, high-end residential, and health/wellness. Our ideal candidates are
creative, collaborative, self-motivated, positive and flexible, with strong verbal
and written communication skills. Candidates must have both the requisite
experience and a passion for progressive/modern design, exceptional design
sensibility and graphic skills. Oh, and a good sense of humor is mandatory!
The Intermediate Interior Architect / Designer will work closely with senior
staff to design and document the concept, layout, finishes, furniture and
equipment for projects, as well as work on visualizing spaces for internal
and client review. We are looking for someone who is creative, articulate,
organized, and responsible with experience in high-end commercial office
interiors and hospitality. Experience in residential and other sectors is also
Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited Interior Design, Interior
Architecture or Architecture Program.
5-10 years of related experience working in a design studio in a similar
Qualifications, Skills and Software
• Hand sketching skills
• Familiarity with Building Codes and ADA
• Familiarity with modern furniture lines, desking solutions, and finish
• Revit 2018 (mandatory)
• AutoCAD 2018
• SketchUp (mandatory)
• MS Office (mandatory)
• Adobe InDesign & Photoshop (mandatory)
• Enscape and V-Ray rendering skills
• Collaborating with team in the design conceptualization and development
of the project through hand sketches, SketchUp or Revit models and
Adobe Creative Suite tools.
• Assisting the team with space planning and furniture layouts
• Selecting finishes for review and use in project
• Developing graphics for custom carpets, fabrics and print media
• Preparing project presentation materials such as boards, books,
PowerPoints, and 3D mockups
• Attending client meetings to present design concepts
• Assisting in sub-consultant coordination as it pertains to interior design to
maintain the integrity of the design intent
• Developing and maintaining vendor relationships to develop sources for
• Maintaining materials library current
• Assembling information from vendors and entering information into
• Documenting finishes on construction documents and specifications
• Construction Administration duties including answering RFIs, reviewing
shop drawings, and leading site observations
• Other responsibilities as assigned
All work is to be done on premises in our San Francisco office.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants MUST be currently located in the United States, reside in the San
Francisco Bay Area and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa.
If you do not fit ALL of the above criteria, please do not apply.
Please forward a PDF of your resume and portfolio via e-mail to the address
listed above. Evidence of proficiency and portfolio will be reviewed.