Job Captain: Commercial Interiors/T.I.,
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Large architecture and interior design firm with offices throughout the US is currently seeking a Job Captain to work in their Pleasanton, CA office. The Job Captain will participate as a member of the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes to create proposed layouts that are code compliant. Review proposed Test Fit Plans (proposed layouts) to confirm if there are any code issues.
- Work with corporate standards and prepare project manuals.
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Review and process all RFI’ s and shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Studio Manager, Project Manager, and Project Designer, as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Participate in the punch list process
- Associates’ degree in Architectural Drafting or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working on corporate/commercial interiors projects
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, building codes construction and costs
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance work load
- Proficiency in Revit required. AutoCAD skills also highly desired
- Familiarity with Photoshop, rendering software.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more.