Junior Design Civil Engineer
San Diego, California 92101
Our client, a premier construction management and engineering firm with offices throughout California, has an immediate need to hire a Junior Design Civil Engineer for the San Diego office.
Provide engineering support to project teams providing Design Services. May be assigned to street, utility pipeline, drainage design, or site design or agency staff augmentation roles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare design plans, specifications and estimates as directed by Project Managers.
- Uses engineering judgment to perform duties and knows when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research.
- Perform engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work.
- Is sensitive to project budget, schedule, and quality, and reports concerns promptly to the Project Manager.
- Effectively interacts with peers, clients, and sub-consultants through written and oral communication.
- Carries out tasks assigned by the Project Directors, Managers, or Engineers
- 1 to 2 years engineering work experience
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil Engineering degree
- EIT required
- Relevant Internship experience required
- Computer proficiency skills including AutoCAD, LandDesktop, Civil 3-D, Microstation, MS Word and MS Excel
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, occasionally interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations on occasion.