3581 Mt Diablo Lafayette, California 94549
Our client is an established architecture, landscape architecture, and planning design firm specializing in commercial, retail, office, and industrial design and construction projects. Their office is in central Lafayette and is conveniently located within a short walking distance to BART.
The company is growing and seeking a Licensed Landscape Architect. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can take direction from a project manager to assist with projects in a collaborative environment; provide the design and development of projects through all phases of the landscape architecture practice; ability to work on multiple projects concurrently; highly developed problem solving skills to provide creative design solutions; and the proven ability to supervise and mentor junior staff.
Key Success Factors:
- Thorough knowledge of plant materials, landscape materials and furnishings, and building permit review and approval process;
- Skilled in providing creative design concepts and project solutions;
- Develop proven design detailing and preparation of construction documents;
- Direct junior staff and provide mentoring and professional development;
- Assist with the resolution of design coordination during construction document preparation and administration phases;
- Incorporate LEED and sustainable design practices into projects;
- Assist design team to ensure project schedule and budget;
- Insure that all phases of project development conform to the quality control and standards of the firm.
- Communicate with client representatives and local building departments;
- Provide progress reviews and updates to schedule in tracking project delivery;
- Assist with client presentations.
- Support and contribute to the marketing and business development efforts for the firm.
- Provide technical support and project communications to all team members;
- Attend on-site visits and client meetings;
- Participate in team meetings;
- Mentor junior staff in developing solutions to technical and design detail and following established standards.
- Participates in project reviews regarding budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Responsible for tracking electronic project data and files.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the practice of landscape architecture;
- Licensed Landscape Architect in the State of California a plus;
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Google Sketchup, software;