Lead Commercial Construction Superintendent
Our client is looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, Construction Lead Superintendent to coordinate operations and manage several ongoing commercial T.I. and hospitality projects.
The ideal applicant will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions.
- Manage Requests for Proposals
- Manage the project scheduling process
- Review and approve project budgets to determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Negotiate and create subcontractor contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Manage project finances including profitability, cash flow & billing
- Actively be involved in design conflict and resolution for all trades which includes collaborating with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Lead strategic planning and project submittal, request for information and change order process
- Implement monthly cost reports
- Responsible for recognizing and implementing change orders as necessary
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Strong skills with the use of Bluebeam software and Procore Management program
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Ability to create construction schedules using MS Project
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience as construction superintendent
- Create project schedule using Microsoft Project
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance and use, and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to comprehend construction drawings, predict required subcontractors, and scopes involved.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Ability to plan ahead and delegate
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good physical condition
- Company Paid Medical
- Paid PTO
- 401k with matching
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.