Los Angeles, CA
Our client is the local branch of an international property developer with a portfolio of residential and commercial projects across Asia, Australia, the UK and the USA.
Their vision is to create a life which is more than beautiful for the people who live, work and play in our developments across the United States, through sustainable, connected and livable urban environments. The team is small, but fast growing, with a number of potential developments considered for the coming years as they build their brand and presence in the United States.
They are currently seeking a talented Leasing Manager to join our team in downtown Los Angeles, CA. This is a full-time exempt position.
Representing property owner, the Leasing Manager’ s primary responsibilities are to oversee leasing through active communication with all third-party contractors including the property management company, leasing consultants, branding company, and creative agents; and to ensure that leasing strategies are implemented and leasing goals are achieved successfully.
The Leasing Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the team members from our JV partner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set leasing goals and oversee the implementation of leasing strategies by third-party contractors.
- Reinforce company' s customer service focused culture in leasing activities conducted by the Leasing Department, business partners and third-party contractors.
- Create annual budgets and business plans for the leasing department.
- Strategically develop and execute plans to exceed key performance indicators.
- Monitor financial performance of the leasing department.
- Provide timely reporting on leasing statistics and other updates to senior executives.
- Collaborate with business partners in supervising the property’ s leasing activities.
- Ensure the overall community standard is aligned with property and company expectations.
- Work closely and maintain active communication with all third-party contractors including the property management company, leasing consultants, branding company, and creative agents.
- Regularly update competitive data to assist with pricing decisions. Communicate findings to management.
- Evaluate unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals.
- Review and evaluate annual marketing plan and participate in marketing reviews on a regular basis.
- Supervise the pre-leasing and leasing activities of contractors to ensure all is done on schedule, within budget, and on the right track to maximizing tenant satisfaction and business financial performance, as well as ensuring legal compliance.
- Ensure that contractors take good care of the property and complete needed repairs timely and ensure that all units are maintained in good condition and ready for lease.
- Ensure that the maintenance budget for each property is upheld and adhered to.
- Assist with addressing and resolving prospect and resident problems when needed.
- Promote a positive working environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork; network with sister communities.
- Maintain accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the property and market.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in business, sales, marketing, real estate or property management, or other related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in residential leasing management in Los Angeles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Experience working with third-party contractors such as property management companies, marketing firms, general contractors, and investment business partners.
- Strong business acumen and sales and marketing skills.
- Good knowledge of financial management.
- Knowledge of operations in a real estate development company including investment, development, project management, construction, and contract management.
- Competent problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Lease Administration or Property Management software.
- Working on evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required based on business needs.
- Ability to travel outside of the office to attend meetings or for other tasks based on business needs.
- Familiarity with the residential and commercial leasing markets in Los Angeles and other major cities in the state of California.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company offers competitive compensation, and an array of benefit programs including the following:
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan, and
- Tuition reimbursement program