Licensed Project Architect
La Jolla, CA 92037
Our client is a niche San Diego based architecture/design firm with a focus on custom residential design, historic preservation architecture and planning. The firm is looking to add a licensed architect to their team as a Project Architect. This position is an excellent opportunity to leverage your design skills to be key player in the company' s continued growth.
You will be responsible as the Project Architect for all aspects of project design, planning and execution, including leading the client and project team through the architectural services from preliminary design through construction administration.
- Suggest ways to improve systems and procedures that will create better architectural services.
- Provide strong technical detailing and coordination skills within a variety of construction materials and building types.
- Prepare fee proposals and negotiate contracts and fees.
- Set, monitor, and maintain project budgets, work plans, and schedules through all phases of the design process.
- Work closely with Clients, managing relationships and day-to-day individual project needs.
- Lead and mentor internal teams and consultants from initial programming and design through to the production of well-detailed and coordinated documents using AUTODESK AEC Collection.
- Define and implement the necessary resources to ensure the design and documentation process flows smoothly and act as the primary liaison between the team and client.
An opportunity to grow the position and incorporate the following…
- Employ a Quality Control process for all milestone submissions.
- Participate in Business Development and Marketing activities, independently and in conjunction with others, including RFPs and Interviews.
- Responsible for QA/QC processes; evaluates and assures intent of recommendations are implemented; assures “ lessons learned” are communicated to all staff.
A qualified candidate will…
- Have a professional degree in Architecture, Bachelor’ s or higher, from an accredited architecture program.
- Have 10+ years of full-time work in an architecture firm, with 5 years’ experience managing internal teams and external consultants.
- Have a California Architect license, or NCARB certificate.
- Strong creative design capabilities and comprehensive understanding of the building and municipal codes.
- High Proficiency and technical knowledge in AUTODESK AEC Collection (Revit & AutoCAD)
- Have excellent communication skills, oral and written with clients, consultants and internal project team.
- Experience reviewing and assuring document accuracy for client(s), consultant(s) and project team(s).
- Have strong time management and organizational skills while working on multiple tasks on multiple projects.
- Experience developing proposals and participating in client interviews and development of marketing collateral.
- Familiarity with the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Experience using, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam Revu.
- Experience in the design and project process of Federal or Local Government projects.
- LEED certification.
- Extensive knowledge of construction detailing, within a variety of construction materials and building types.
- Experience negotiating project scope, fees, agreements and contracts, managing project financial performance, and ensuring fiscal responsibility for projects.