Licensed Project Architect: Civic
1919 19th Street Sacramento, CA 95814-6714
Licensed Project Architect:
Our client, a large multi-office architecture firm, is seeking a Licensed Project Architect to join the Civic team.
The Civic team works on the following range of projects: county, city, utilities, and public safety projects as well as courthouses and correctional institutions.
This licensed Architect must have 7+ years of architectural design experience, including experience with California Civic projects. This individual must have experience with Revit and have a thorough understanding of all phases of a project, from design to construction. Experience with Criminal Justice projects is a plus, but not required.
- Develops solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
- Responsible for technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Responsible for construction administration for complex projects, identifying for project leaders issues affecting project budget, construction costs, schedule, and legal/liability related issues for the firm.
- Assists project leaders in preparation of project management plans. Adheres to project management plans as determined by project leaders.
- Capable of making independent judgments and decisions for projects and project teams.
- Directs project teams for completion of tasks consistent with project management plans on large projects and may be responsible for leading small projects.
- Directs project team consistent with office standards for design, quality control, and production.
- Advises project leaders of potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule on larger projects and may develop proposals with assistance of PIC and Studio Leader for small projects.
- Responsible for coordination of specifications and drawings, including consultant coordination of complex projects.
- Coordinates QA/QC processes and implements QA/QC recommendations.
- Reviews and evaluates documents for accuracy and coordination for consultants and project teams.
- Mentors/coaches less experienced staff.
- Bachelor' s degree in Architecture.
- 7+ years architectural design experience.
- California architectural license.
- Experience with California Civic projects.
- Experience with Criminal Justice projects preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Revit.
- LEED accreditation preferred.