Licensed Project Manager/Architect
Pasadena, CA 91101
Our client, a large, national architectural, engineering, and consulting services firm, would like to hire a licensed Project Manager/Architect in the Pasadena office. This person will be the Director of a 5 person office.
This is an opportunity for the right individual to leverage their business development, client/project management, and design skills to be an integral component for the office’ s growth. Technical proficiency and an ability to develop and maintain design intent throughout all project phases is necessary.
- Work closely with Clients, managing relationships and day-to-day individual project needs.
- Work closely with internal Teams to conceptualize, design and produce project documentation.
- Participate in Business Development and Marketing activities, independently and in conjunction with others, including RFPs and Interview.
- Work directly with new & existing Clients to develop and maintain robust relationships, including day-to-day Project Management for key project.
- Supervise internal teams in the preparation of design deliverables for all phases of design.
- Set, monitor and maintain project budgets, work plans, and schedules through all phases of the design process.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- 10 + years of experience, with a diverse portfolio of public and private sector work. Justice project experience is a plus.
- Licensed Architect in California required.
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Google SketchUp.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborative approach to all aspects of the practice.
- Expert knowledge of local code requirements and ability to efficiently interface with agencies having jurisdiction, including Office of the State Fire Marshall, and others.
- Confident and effective interpersonal and time management skills.
- Comfortable participating in Business Development and marketing activities.
- Responsible for developing scope / fees and managing project budget, client/consultant invoices, agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for managing project team resources; advises Office Director of resource and schedule needs.
- Develops proposals with assistance of PIC(s) and/or Office Director; Participates in client interviews and development of marketing collateral.
- Reviews and assures document accuracy for client(s), consultant(s) and project team(s).
- Responsible for QA/QC processes; evaluates and assures intent of recommendations are implemented; assures “ lessons learned” are communicated to all staff.