Los Angeles, California 90071
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Our client is seeking a senior construction project manager with educational facility experience for a full-time OAR II opportunity in Los Angeles, CA. The OAR II manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award construction and closeout phase of all assigned projects.
• Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to the Designer as necessary.
• Plans, organizes and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
• Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various client and project staff.
• Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the Client s qualitative standards; monitors the project budget monthly and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
• Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors construction schedules and submittals; coordinates responses to the contractors inquiries through Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
• Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure compliance with specification and/or district requirements.
• Receives, reviews, and negotiates contractor change order proposal(s) to achieve a fair and reasonable price according to the general conditions; reviews and addresses any and all schedule impacts according to the project specifications in a timely manner.
• Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties.
• Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between architects and the Client.
• Coordinates client delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
• Monitors and manages project closeout with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial closeout.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Experience & Education
• Ten to Fifteen (10 - 15) years of full-time paid professional experience in project/construction management of commercial and/or public/educational facility construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values more than $30M-$50M (not cumulative)
• Five (5) years of experience in managing projects for an educational institution or public agency
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management from a recognized college or university
• Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education
Preferred Experience & Education
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience in formal construction partnering
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
• Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
• Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
• 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution
• Paid holidays
• Paid time off
• Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) benefits
• Company-paid long-term (LTD) insurance
• Annual tuition assistance allowance for employees
• Employee Assistance Program