Operations Manager, Traffic Control
San Francisco, CA 95124
In collaboration with the company’ s principal, the Traffic Control Operations Manager will be a key participant and executive in the development of ongoing efforts to engage western region markets, with an emphasis on Northern California. The Operations Manager will actively develop and implement policies, procedures and protocols for business operations and identify key tasks, markets, opportunities and strategies. The Operations Manager will assist in developing, refining and instituting administrative and operational standards to maximize company potential and position in the Northern California traffic control market.
The Operations Manager with exhibit strong leadership in working with others and maintain positive relations with company clients and direct reports under their supervision to fulfill company objectives and maintain positive working relationships. The Operations Manager will demonstrate leadership through the effective planning and organization of work and will effectively prioritizes the multiple needs and competing demands of the company. The Operations Manager must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and be capable of speaking in multitude of arenas including individually, within the company’ s organization and in public settings and who can adapt and adjust methods of communication depending on the audience. The Operation Manager must have the willingness and skills necessary to make timely decisions under stressful conditions based on the information available and the best interest of the company.
As an integral and key part of the company’ s team, the Operations Manager must be confident in refining, developing and implementing policies, procedures and protocols necessary to ensure operational function and strive to implements strategies to improve and promote quality. The Operations Manager shall demonstrate thoroughness and quality in the performance of their work while maintaining the ability to properly delegate, manage and monitor the authority delegated to others.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for assisting the company’ s principal in developing and establishing realistic sales projections and goals and developing procedures and policies necessary to pursue and monitor sales objectives and targets through forecasting, monthly/annual reporting and projecting immediate, interim and long term sales goals that ensure the company’ s sales strategy and structure is profitable and cost effective while providing the highest level of quality to our client’ s and safety in the performance of the work.
Equipment and Inventory Management
• Responsible for developing product lines and developing strategies for procuring equipment and inventory necessary for ongoing operations.
• Develop and implement inventory controls, forecast equipment and inventory needs on a short- and long-term basis.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to provide the best possible position for equipment and inventory management.
• Develop, implement and maintain best Enterprise Resource Planning to ensure inventory and equipment quality control, availability and response.
Employee Development & Recruitment
• Responsible for developing and implementing a staffing resource plan consistent with immediate and long-term company goals and overall company build-out.
• Oversee all aspects of staff resource planning, recruitment, training and development during startup and immediate operational period.
Business Management & Development
• Strive to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction to establish and develop the company’ s reputation and provide the greatest possible opportunity for the development, growth and expansion of the company.
• Overall responsibility for Company’ s Profit & Loss position and general financial health.
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to establish new business opportunities and spearhead business development.
• Drive profitability through strategic methods such as cost cutting, developing efficiencies and other methods as approved by management.
• Responsible for collaborating with other professionals in the management of the existing company specific behavioral based safety program.
• Ensure proper safety training of all staff and other initiatives in accordance with behavior-based safety program.
• Collaborate with other professional to maintain our existing qualification with Industry Safety Qualification Pre-Screening Certifications (AVETTA, ISNetworld).
• Responsible for refining and maintaining the Company procurement plan and assisting with the refinement of existing maintenance, security and safety standards for fleet vehicles.
• Collaborate with company’ s principal to develop and enhance the company’ s fleet and facility image, appearance, and organization.
• Shall ultimately become responsible for all aspects of fleet management, maintenance, and reporting.
• Implement Enterprise Resource Planning and procedures. Develop and implement effective dispatching and scheduling procedures for immediate startup and long-term company objectives.
• Development and expansion of company Project Management Department to fulfill overall project management objectives including estimating, traffic control plan design, field operations and quality control.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
At least 15 years of business management and development in the Traffic Control Industry with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the position of managing and supervising project managers, administration and field staff in the direct performance of their duties.
• 4 Year Degree in Business Management or Engineering. MBA highly desirable.
• Software Systems: Intermediate to Advanced user of Micro Office Suite. Functional use of Enterprise Resource Planning systems and Traffic Control Design programs and systems. Ability to operate and function using modern technologies i.e. mobile communications, software and applications, etc.