49 Powell Street San Francisco, CA 94102
San Francisco design/build residential developer is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Preconstruction Manager for multifamily renovation and addition projects in San Francisco, CA.
- Provide complete preconstruction services to ownership and design/construction teams (input, coordination and problem solving) at all stages of the project.
- Facilitate and/or actively participate as a key stakeholder in design/preconstruction meetings with owner; take notes and issue minutes for communication to the project team.
- Manage preconstruction services and estimate preparation - Responsible for overall estimate completeness, accuracy and control of project budget.
- Review documents for completeness; verify that previously accepted cost management suggestions are incorporated; provide constructability and comments to design team to ensure quality and value
- Identify, cultivate and attract new general contractors, subcontractors and vendors; develop, maintain and enhance relationships. Generate interest and get commitments on vendor participation.
- Assist operations in prequalification of contractors and subcontractors and subsequent bid packages to ensure compliance with company and project requirements.
- Analyze subcontractor and vendor bids - Verify proper and complete scope review; establish consistency between bids to allow evaluation of apparent low bidder; coordinate scope with other trade packages.
- Lead development / updating of preliminary construction schedule; coordinate/verify estimate scope with schedule with engineering, procurement, construction operations, and owner.
- Ensure estimates are accurate and complete; manage project risk issues; monitor and control design to maintain program scope; control cost so that previous estimates are not exceeded.
- Prepare innovative, technically creative cost management reduction options to resolve budget issues and meet project budget.
- Provide assistance to operations staff during construction to resolve field problems; assist with change orders if required.
- 5+ years of applicable preconstruction responsibilities.
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Construction Technology, Business, Science, or other similar field of study.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing work package estimates in order to ensure totality and veracity of the costs.
- Experience with prequalification and selection of subcontractors, development of bid packages and negotiation of subcontracts.
- Ability to effectively communicate scope, packaging, pricing breakdown, alternates, etc.
- Skilled in staff development, skilled in client services and proficient using project control systems, problem solving, claims avoidance, cost control, and quality systems.
- Knowledge of ProCore and Sage300 preferred
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Strong business-orientation required. Proven experience and judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local San Francisco based contractors and subcontractors.