San Francisco, CA 94102
We are a well-established developer with diversified interests in property investment, property development, construction and property management. We now invite competent candidates to join our team.
The Accountant will oversee financial statements, analyze & prepare key financial schedules and assist in other special reporting projects as needed.
- Record journal entries to account for business activities, ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are validated; participate in and monitor collection of receivables and intercompany reconciliations.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, ensuring the accounts balance to underlying support and investigating and resolving any reconciling items.
- Interpret and clarify project results, deviations, underlying causes and corrective actions to be taken.
- Checking and ensure the correct revenue recognition (POC%, cost, revenues, WIP).
- Responsible for preparation and oversight of financial statements, including maintaining balance sheets as well as preparing and analyzing the P&L.
- Timely completion of month end close, responsible for close tasks.
- Understand, perform and maintain functions in compliance with internal controls and business processes.
- Perform analysis of account balances and activity and provide explanation on variances.
- Assist the accounting manager in creating forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Reviewing capital call and distribution allocations, as well as partner capital statements.
- Coordinating year-end audits and tax preparation.
- Participate in special projects as deemed necessary.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, ownership of projects and effectively communicate project status to necessary departments.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the General Ledger and account reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Strong Knowledge of GAAP.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable and documentation compliance.
- Proficiency in [accounting software].
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Property Management/Construction or Commercial Real Estate Development experiences is a huge plus.