San Francisco, CA 94102
Title: Project Architect
We are a well-established developer with diversified interests in property investment, property development, construction and property management. We now invite competent candidates to join our team.
The Project Architect is responsible for the delivery of the project through the planning, design, production and construction phases. Works directly with the senior leader and project manager in confirming the design program, scope of work and delivery requirements. The Project Architect shall demonstrate a thorough understanding of construction, building materials and construction detailing and shall be responsible for implementation and documentation of the project. The Project Architect shall demonstrate professional knowledge in designing to meet the governmental regulations, planning, zoning and building codes, and current building industry standards.
- Gather appropriate project data and set up project files.
- Determine applicable governmental regulations, building codes and planning ordinances.
- Communication with the project and consultant team.
- Meet delivery schedule.
- Quality Control review of project documentation.
- Document any program or scope of changes.
- Prepare code checks and floor area analysis.
- Prepare Building Permit Submittal Set.
- Assist with Bidding and Negotiation phase.
- Construction Administration activities including RFI’ s, Shop Drawing and submittal review, clarifications, Change Orders and site observation reports.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Experience or familiar with jurisdictional requirements of planning approvals and entitlements.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’ s degree preferred.
- 5 plus years’ design experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
- Familiar with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems.
- Understanding of project management process.