1900 Powell Street, Suite 470 Palo Alto, California 94303
Our client is a growing construction management firm with clients that include both owners and architects. They specialize in managing building and parks/playfield projects for public agency, nonprofit and private clients, with projects ranging from $1 million to $100 million. Their purpose is to deliver not only the greatest value for clients, but also to get the “ best value” out of every dollar they spend – be it on planning, designing or building.
The firm offers competitive compensation based on experience; and has comprehensive benefits, including health insurances, 401k, retirement contribution, mileage/cell phone reimbursement and vacation/sick/holiday pay.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, without sponsorship and without time limitation.
Excellent opportunity to get your boots on the ground on a career path to Project Manager, on 2 ground-up high-profile projects: a $40 million civic center and a $20 million youth center. You will work at 2 project sites in southern San Mateo County on a full range of CM functions, including monitoring on-site contractor activities, maintaining project documentation, communicating with contractors, and interacting with project consultants and the 2 owners. The 2 project teams are high caliber, with well-known architects and builders.
The job offers challenge and responsibility, along with support from very experienced and knowledgeable team members. The position will work directly with each project’ s Senior Construction Manager, with opportunity to interact with client staff and learn how local government and nonprofit construction projects are managed. The ideal candidate will be interested in taking on increasing responsibilities to contribute to the success of these important projects, as well as develop skills needed to advance to Project Manager.
• Rewarding work environment with opportunity for advancement
• Meaningful/interesting projects with great owners and team members
• Southern Peninsula locations in close proximity to Dumbarton Bridge
• Flexible working hours, depending on project needs
• Support achievement of project goals and objectives
• Foster good relations with clients, contractors/subcontractors and consultants
• Endeavor to create a solid project team atmosphere
• Monitor work progress and notify Project Manager of any issues
• Conduct daily site visits, document site work, safety and site conditions affecting surrounding community
• Coordinate/monitor testing & inspections
• Maintain photographic documentation of site
• Maintain/organize project documentation
• Provide document control, including RFI/Submittal/PCOs/CO logs
• Monitor/track RFIs and submittal for timely processing
• Assist Project Manager in resolving construction-related issues
• Assist Project Manager with procurement of FF&E, IT/Cable providers and other service-provider services
• Assist Project Manager with coordinating owner direct contractors/vendors
• Assist Project Manager in payment application review, change order negotiations
• Assist Project Manager with coordination/communication with city agencies and utility/other public agencies
• Attend, minute and coordinate various project meetings
• Prepare project reports as required
• Monitor project LEED requirements as necessary
• Assist with project start-up/commissioning, punch-walk/punch list development, verify completion of punch list
• Assist with project close-out and final completion
• 2-6 years on-site experience in construction/construction management, architecture or engineering, on construction of buildings
• Attention to documentation and document control
• Excellent organizational and project management skills to meet schedules and deadlines
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage multiple client issues, in a fast-paced environment
• Good interpersonal communication for interactions with clients and other project team members
• Excellent skills with Excel, Word, MS Project, and Outlook
• Clean driving record and automobile required (mileage reimbursed)