San Francisco, CA 94124
Our client is a San Francisco-based construction firm, licensed, bonded and experienced in providing full general contracting services for residential and commercial projects.
Our firm and customer base is expanding and we are seeking an experienced Project Estimator to join our team of professionals.
Ideal candidates should have previous experience in construction project management, excellent organization and exhibit motivated, detail-oriented and driven work practices. We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, commission structure as well as an outstanding benefits package.
This is the perfect opportunity to build a career at a growing construction firm.
As a Project Estimator, main responsibilities will involve accurately estimating and drafting various scopes of work for various construction projects, working closely with proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reviewing project documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of requirements.
• Reading blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates.
• Developing and implementing project plans for the duration of each construction project.
• Collaborating with engineers, architects, clients, and contractors on estimates.
• Setting project requirements and priorities.
• Preparing and finalizing construction budgets by studying home plans, updating
specifications, identifying / projecting costs for each elevation.
• Evaluating bids and offers via cost and site requirements.
• Obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
• Maintaining project cost keys and price masters via oversight and updates.
• Building and maintaining long-term relationships with the key vendors.
• Resolving cost discrepancies via analysis and troubleshooting.
• Preparing special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, financials, project information and trends.
• Maintaining quality service by exhibiting high organizational standards.
• Maintaining efficiency across corporate, division, and local work teams via documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and needs.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• At lease (5) five years’ work experience as construction estimator
• Ability to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
• In-depth knowledge of project management and applicable skills/tools
• Strong understanding of residential construction processes (legalities, permitting
• Excellent understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
• Proficiency with Office Operating System and Office Tools especially MS Word and Excel
• Solid time-management skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Impeccable critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field or work experience in lieu of degree