Project Manager / Licensed Civil Engineer, San Diego
San Diego, CA 92101
Our client, a large engineering and construction management firm, is looking for a Civil Project Manager to join their dynamic Engineering team in San Diego, CA
Overall Position Description
Must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Possess the knowledge and ability to work with municipal reference documents in conjunction with project plans and specifications. Work in concert with municipal district staff and interact with the Public. Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work with a broad variety of people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carries out tasks assigned by the Project Directors, Managers, or Engineers
- Perform engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work
- Oversee design teams and distribute assignments; mentor design engineers
- Check for accuracy of design and adherence to City guidelines, standards, and specifications.
- Track project budgets and verify construction cost estimates.
- Schedule, attend, and provide feedback at internal/ external review meetings with applicant and City staff
- Meet tight deadlines, prioritize tasks quickly, and coordinate schedules with several concurrent projects.
- Verify conformance with specific plan, general plan, master plan, city ordinances, ADA requirements, and other agency standards
- Contract review and management
Qualifications and Skills
- College Civil Engineering degree, required
- Professional Engineer License, required
- Minimum 7 years of relevant municipal engineering, project management, and/or engineering design experience
- Public agency experience and technical writing skills are highly desirable
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, occasionally interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations on occasion