Dixon, CA 95620
Construction Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assists the General Manager in the direction & coordination of construction activities of our Southwest Division to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and employees.
From time to time, will be required to act as a field project manager and take responsibility for specific larger projects. Candidates will be required to participate in random drug screening per our Drug Free Workplace policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and on staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Coordinates members of organization (supervisory, clerical, drafting, and manufacturing) throughout the project.
- Awards and issues subcontracts for field products.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, interpreting contract requirements and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of equipment, tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Accountable for ensuring that final construction meets all or exceeds quality, inspections, plans, submittals, and specifications.
- Prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used, and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Reviews and approves invoices for projects’ construction operations. Coordinates with customers, engineers and/or inspectors for the generation and approval of applications for payment.
- Maintains and generates project documentation which records contract compliance; documents changes to the work; prepares, estimates, negotiates and administers changes to the contract in conjunction with GM approval; notifies parties to the contract of changes (i.e. via change orders); notifies parties to the contract of disputes; secures authorization for additional work; and resolves other project-related issues.
- Administers Company safety program relating to all project site activities and ensures effective loss control procedures are implemented.
- Directly communicates with management as appropriate and per company practices and policies
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises construction superintendents and/or crew lead persons (and construction laborers directly as required). Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the construction unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees in Construction Management, Business Management, Engineering or equivalent are preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with MS Office products, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’ s License AND satisfactory driving record required. Ability to qualify as a “ Qualifying Party” for multiple state contractor’ s licenses which may include successful completion of business and construction exams. Ability to obtain first aid and CPR certification if not already certified.
Must be able to coordinate and/or supervise other contractors on project sites. Must have an understanding of other trades working at the site, i.e., electrical, mechanical and pile driving. Must be able to meet strict deadlines. Must be willing to travel to the various jobsites. Must be organized.
Knowledge of OSHA regulations and experience administering safety policies preferred. Experience erecting steel buildings preferred.