San Francisco, CA 94102
Title: Project manager
We are a well-established developer with diversified interests in property investment, property development, construction and property management. We now invite competent candidates to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise construction. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient manner and without exceeding budget.
This candidate must be well-versed in all construction project management, methodologies and procedures, and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. As a construction project manager, this person will need to be an expert in all aspects of vertical and horizontal construction.
- Negotiating contracts with external contractors (both main and subcontractors) to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtaining building permits and related licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Plan all construction operations program and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Evaluate progress and prepare regular detailed progress reports.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Ensure adherence and comply to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Process change orders (CO), expedite all costs. Maintain current CO logs.
- Document control (RFIs, submittals, change orders, claims, etc.).
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect and contractors.
- Prepare and submit project estimates budget.
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the buildability issues, including design, scheduling, and value engineering.
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance checks.
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software (e.g. Autocad, Procore, etc.)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- BSc/BA in civil engineering, architecture, building science or relevant field from accredited college/university
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- 7+ years’ experience in construction project management and building multifamily residences (from commence to end)
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large construction projects
- Possess of voluntary certifications such as The American Institute of Constructors offers the Associate Constructor (AC) and Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) certifications, while the Construction Management Association of America offers the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential.
- Professional licensure and LEED certification, or demonstrated path toward completion, if our project has required green elements.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.