Property / Asset Manager
San Francisco, CA
The Property / Asset Manager works closely with third-party contractors and oversees property, leasing, and asset management of all existing residential assets and newly to be acquired commercial assets of the Company. This position ensures all properties are maintained at the highest-level standards and leasing goals are achieved successfully.
The role reports directly to the Executive Director and to the Asset Management department at company headquarters. This is a regular full-time exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for property, leasing, and asset management of all existing and newly acquired residential and commercial assets.
· Representing company' s interest, work closely with all third-party contractors including the property management company, leasing consultants, branding company, creative agents; as well as with other departments in the Company to ensure all properties are maintained at the highest-level standards and leasing goals are achieved successfully.
· Monitor financial performance of the Asset Management department.
· Participate in the process of reviewing annual operating budgets, identify opportunities to add value, create capex plans for stabilized assets as well as new and existing properties.
· Strategically develop and execute plans to exceed key performance indicators.
· Manage property assets, contracts, leases, licenses, deeds, easements, agreements, and databases.
· Prepare property reports, issues papers and procures related services.
· Provide timely reporting on leasing statistics and other updates to senior executives.
· Work with Investments and Operations departments to assist in analyzing and reviewing underwriting of acquisition candidates prior to final bid, participate in on-site due diligence.
· Perform various acquisition and stabilized asset analysis that require ownership approval (e.g. post-closing prorates, income guarantee escrows, tax appeals, operating cash reserves and cash distributions to investors).
· Help coordinate asset teams (Asset Management, Operations, Cost & Contracts, and Project Management) to complete renovations and/or focus on property-specific issues.
· Keep abreast of changes in regard to contracts, leases, license, deeds, easements, and agreements.
· Conduct market research to assist the investment team in their decision-making process (i.e. sales and rental evidence, collation of research reports, development related information for property transactions).
· Develop/manage/update policies, procedures, administrative processes and supporting systems of the Asset Management department.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’ s degree in asset management, real estate, property management or other related field is preferred.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in asset management and/or property management of luxury residential properties, for a real estate organization in the state of California.
· Strong knowledge of the real estate market in San Francisco and other major cities in the state of California.
· Experience working with third-party contractors such as property management companies, marketing firms, and general contractors.
· Demonstrated expertise in asset management within a real estate organization.
· Ability to think and act strategically to drive tangible residential and commercial results.
· Use an analytical and structured approach to understanding the requirements for commercial and residential development.
· Strong customer service skills and can maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of operations in a real estate development company including investment, development, project management, construction, and contract management.
· Strong business acumen and knowledge of financial management.
· Have a results-driven mindset.
· Must be able to work effectively with co-workers from different cultural backgrounds and across departments and functional lines.
· Able to work both independently and as part of a team to consistently produce high quality work.
· Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Competent problem-solving skills and quantitative abilities.
· High degree of stamina, agility and flexibility.
· Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Lease Administration or Property Management software.
· Availability to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays is required as job duties demand.
· Ability to travel outside of the office to visit sites, attend meetings, or for other tasks based on business needs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.