San Luis Obispo, CA
• San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers endless recreational opportunities.
• Ventura is 63 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 30 miles south of Santa Barbara. With a backdrop of the Los Padres National Forest foothills and the scenic Pacific Ocean, residents enjoy miles of beaches and more than 30 parks. Ventura’ s Mediterranean climate offers year-round recreational and cultural opportunities.
• Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’ s one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT PROJECTS INCLUDE: Streets & Highways * Bridges * Buildings * Wastewater Treatment Facilities * Collection Facilities * Water Distribution Systems * Water Treatment Plants * Storm Drainage Collection Systems and Facilities * Recreational Facilities
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE performing comprehensive construction management and contract administration on a variety of complex public works construction projects. Representing company before public agencies, consultants, and contractors. Supporting all activities associated with construction management, contract administration, contract planning/execution, contractors scheduling review and analysis, change order management, interaction with utility companies, coordination of materials and soils testing, coordination of special inspections, and oversight with field inspection and observation functions as required. Performing inspections, managing staff inspectors, and coordinating services between departments. Depending on location, may do business development tasks from time to time and establish new contacts and maintain existing clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
• 10+ years of experience in Construction Management and Civil Engineering.
• California P.E. license in Civil Engineering required.
• Experience in management of client relationships.
• Must have experience coordination with public utility agencies, i.e. PG&E, AT&T, Charter, SoCal Gas, etc.
• Must have experience coordination with government agencies, i.e. Caltrans, RWQCB, Army Corps, Fish and Game, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in construction safety.
• Knowledge and experience in earthwork, grading and drainage construction.
• Knowledge and experience in streets, roads, and transportation structures. (Caltrans experience a plus).
• Knowledge and experience in water/sewer/storm drain infrastructure construction.
• Knowledge and experience in traffic control within the construction zone.
• Knowledge and experience with the implementation of State and Federal funding provisions, water regulations, and document coordination.
• Knowledge and experience in Prevailing Wage requirements and compliance.
• Valid CA Class C driver’ s licenses with acceptable driver’ s record.
• Proficiency in use of Construction Management Documentation Software (such as Procore, EADocs, etc.) a plus.
• Proficiency in CPM Project Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera, Suretrak, etc.) a plus.
• Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.