SW Division Project Development Manager
Dixon, CA 95620
Construction Project Development Manager
Department: Southwest Division / Marketing Department
Reports To: SW General Manager
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm; additional travel, and hours as necessary.
Sells the Company’ s products and services to major accounts by contacting established customers and/or developing new prospects. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check as well as possess a passport for international travel, as well as a valid driver’ s license with a satisfactory driving record. Availability for work schedule is crucial.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a sales program within the territory based on customer needs and the Company’ s desires. This will at times mean being away from home for a number of days including international travel.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers and is the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls from customers inquiring about our products or services. Calls on engineering firms, vendors, contractors, government agencies, and other companies relative to potential projects.
• Assists with planning, design services and permitting on potential projects. Coordinates with, and creates project teams that will insure the successful planning and construction of marina projects, or other projects of interest to the Company.
• Makes company services available to customers by maintaining contact to inform them of supply and price trends, update them on new products and services, and keep them abreast of other general information of interest to them and/or as they require.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares proposal letters and applicable sales contracts for orders obtained. This includes preparing bids for government entities.
• Secures and renews orders, and may arrange delivery dates and perform other duties incidental to selling activities.
• Maintains current files on the progress of each sales prospect.
• Maintains records and creates reports on all phases of activities.
• Submits proper documentation at least monthly for expenses incurred during the current or past month.
• Refers complaints to proper departments of the Company.
• Checks on the activity of our competitors in the market area.
• Attends and presents at trade shows, seminars, and other trade organization activities as required.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’ s degree (B.A.) in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field preferred OR ten (10) years applicable education and experience.
Because this position requires complete knowledge of the Company’ s products, services, and policies that normally requires several years to acquire, it is preferred that the employee have specialized training within product or service lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with MS Office products, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.