Senior Civil Engineer P.E./Project Manager
San Diego, California 92101
Our client, a premier construction management and engineering firm with offices throughout California, has an immediate need to hire a Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager for the San Diego office.
Must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Possess the knowledge and ability to work with municipal reference documents in conjunction with project plans and specifications. Work in concert with municipal district staff and interact with the Public. Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work with a broad variety of people.
- Deliver municipal infrastructure projects (water, sewer, storm-water)
- Oversee design teams and distribute assignments
- Contract review and management
- Coordination with client staff
- Mentor design engineers
- Reviewing development applications
- Plan check rough and precise grading plans
- Check for accuracy of design and adherence to City guidelines, standards, and specifications.
- Track project budgets and verify construction cost estimates.
- Schedule, attend, and provide feedback at internal/ external review meetings with applicant and City staff
- Meet tight deadlines, prioritize tasks quickly, and coordinate schedules with several concurrent projects.
- Verify conformance with specific plan, general plan, master plan, city ordinances, ADA requirements, and other agency standards
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities such as:
- College Civil Engineering degree, required
- Professional Engineer License, required
- Minimum 7 years of relevant municipal engineering, project management, and/or engineering design experience